1. You walk into any store—low- or high-end—and your favorite item is always the most expensive one. Who knew that little brass tray would ring up as more than certain pieces of furniture?
2. You’ve had to stop watching makeover shows on TV because your stress level gets too high. All that loud sighing muttering “Oh I could do so much better” can take a toll.
3. You create secret boards on Pinterest—otherwise all your friends wind up with the exact. same. accessories. Sure it’s flattering, but you’d rather not have identical bookshelves.
4. You’ve never gotten your security deposit back. And you KNOW your past landlords have hiked up the rent based on your improvements.
5. You’ve wondered if some of your friends like you, or just the things you’ve helped pick out for them. So often, those coffee dates turn into “want to pop over and check out that place? I’m in the market for xyz…
6. You have so many fab decorative items, there’s no longer room for actual coffee on your table. Time to edit it down? Or time to get a bigger coffee table?
7. When you dress down people still accuse you of looking fancy or “overdressed” compared to them.
8. You have more pics of home or fashion looks than selfies on your Instagram. And yes, each one of them took a solid amount of time to style to get just right.
9. You have trouble visiting certain family members or friends at home because of an overwhelming desire to move their sofa to the opposite wall or organize something in a more appealing way. And you don’t want to start that fight.
10. When you say “Thank you, you shouldn’t have!” you mean it. Really. They should not have. This gift is going straight to the Goodwill. When will people learn to stop trying to shop for you?
11. Your calendar is filled with dinner parties…and you suspect you’re only on the invite list because of your reputation for hostess gifts. Did your cousin’s ex-girlfriend really want you at her birthday party or does she just remember the vase you gave them at their housewarming?
Resource: Elle Decor website with a few of my added words. 🥂
– Dawn B.