We all have at least two or three plain t-shirts in our wardrobe. Many of us use them as a go to casual look. But have you considered taking your plain tee and making it a part of your next chic look?
Here are 5 Ways you can go from ordinary to fab in no time flat:
1. Try A Statement Necklace. I have always been a fan of a great necklace. But your T-shirts are probably even bigger fans.
2. Put on a Blazer. A great fitted blazer is always a perfect option to dress up your casual tee.
3. When in Doubt, Wear Heels.. No matter if you’re wearing jeans, pants, or a skirts, adding a pair of heels will definitely make the look more glam.
4. Scarf It Up. Like necklaces, scarves add a wonderful pop of style to your look.
5. Tuck and Roll. Simply tucking your shirt, partially or tying it loosely will take your plain tee from simple to trendsetter.
The best thing about your plain t-shirts is that the style possibilities are endless. So go have fun!
– Dawn B
I am so excited about shooting my first short film, We Are NOT Friends.
Here’s the brief description:
“We Are NOT Friends” is a short film about Cyan, a free-spirited woman in her late twenties, who after one adventurous night discovers that her friendships are not exactly what she thought they were.
We have selected our lead cast and will begin shooting at the end of November!
– Dawn B.
As a single woman living in a major city, apartment living is the norm. I think finding a flat that fits your lifestyle is important. Unlike a house, there is little flexibility to alter an apartment to one’s liking. So, I always try to find a place in an area I like with the amenities I must have, i.e; a garden tub, dual sinks, a parking garage, and lots of closet space. (I have a post on my accessory closet coming up next week)
I think of myself as an apartment pro. Especially since I actually worked as an apartment kocater a fee years ago. I found that when it comes to apartment living, having certain things make an apartment feel more cozy and chic. Here are the top five must-haves to accomplish that task:
1. Candles. Invest in quality brand candles that not only smell great but add to the look of your place. Nothing says Tre Tre Chic like a luxury scented candles that fills the room with a intoxicating scent. Plus who doesn’t love candle light?
2. Floral Arrangements. The right floral arrangement will add life to any room. Make sure to invest in a few great vases for each room to hold your bouquets. *Be careful not to buy cheap looking fake flowers.
3. Curtains. You’d be surprised just how different a room feels with curtains compared to rooms with just blinds or no window treatment at all.
4. Accent Pillows. Decorative pillows add a pop to sofas, loveseats, and bedrooms. If you haven’t already picked a color scheme for your place, you may want to consider solid colored furniture and add color with your accent pillows and floral arrangements. This way you can change up your decor when you want without breaking your budget.
5. A Touch of Paint. Depending on the size of your apartment an accent wall may be just the thing you need. Don’t go overboard with multiple accent walls. If you’re in a small one bedroom or a studio, choose a color that isn’t too dark. *Remember, darker colors make things look smaller.
Happy Apartment Living!
1. You walk into any store—low- or high-end—and your favorite item is always the most expensive one. Who knew that little brass tray would ring up as more than certain pieces of furniture?
2. You’ve had to stop watching makeover shows on TV because your stress level gets too high. All that loud sighing muttering “Oh I could do so much better” can take a toll.
3. You create secret boards on Pinterest—otherwise all your friends wind up with the exact. same. accessories. Sure it’s flattering, but you’d rather not have identical bookshelves.
4. You’ve never gotten your security deposit back. And you KNOW your past landlords have hiked up the rent based on your improvements.
5. You’ve wondered if some of your friends like you, or just the amazing things you’ve helped pick out for them. So often, those coffee dates turn into “want to pop over and check out that shop? I’m in the market for xyz…
6. You have so many coffee table books and fab decorative items, there’s no longer room for actual coffee on your table. Time to edit it down? Or time to get a bigger coffee table?
7. When you dress down people still accuse you of looking fancy or “overdressed” compared to them.
8. You have more pics of home or fashion looks than selfies on your Instagram. And yes, each one of them took a solid amount of time to style to get just right.
9. You have trouble visiting certain family members or friends at home because of an overwhelming desire to move their sofa to the opposite wall or organize something in a more appealing way. And you don’t want to start that fight…again.10. When you say “Thank you, you shouldn’t have!” you mean it. Really. They should not have. This gift is going straight to the Goodwill. When will people learn to stop trying to shop for you?
11. Your calendar is filled with dinner parties…and you suspect you’re only on the invite list because of your reputation for hostess gifts. Did your cousin’s ex-girlfriend really want you at her birthday party or does she just remember the vase you gave them at their housewarming?
Resource: Elle Decor website with my added words. – Dawn B.
The struggle is real. But now with the help of fantastic apps, life just got better.
I have composed a list of apps by catagory to help you enjoy your day a little more.
Buy or even sell homemade meals.
My Diet Coach App
Get the motivation you need to lose weight, be healthier and stay on track
Never forget your passwords again
No more waiting for customer service to answer your call.
Out of Milk App
Never be without your shopping list again with this app
Fashion and Beauty Apps:
Thread Channel App
Learn more about fashion. Understand terms and know what to look for.
Get outfit ideas from stylish street style bloggers. Shop cool online boutiques.
Discover new looks, learn essential makeup tips & shop amazing beauty products
Plick is a marketplace app where you buy and sell quality second hand clothing
I hope these are helpful. Send me a message and let me know if there are any apps you think I should try. I will try them out.
– Dawn B.
Manicure/Pedicure obsessed? Join the club.
Since my last nail tech moved away, I have been on a desperate quest to get a great mani/pedi. If I knew it wouldn’t bore you I would share my recent tales of nail shop fails and horrors which ended in poorly applied lumpy polish, deeply cut (damaged) cuticles, and uneven oddly shaped nails. But I won’t do that. 😊
Instead, this post is all about a new love for mirrored nail color and how you should try this look asap.
Check out these cute nails:
Feel free to let me know if any of you out there have tried this look and what brand polish you used.
When it comes to earrings, I am all in. I am always trying different styles. But more recently I considered getting a second piercing added to each ear just to be able to wear a stud or pearl earring with whatever other pair of earrings I choose to wear.
My advice: Don’t take ear piercing too seriously. If you want to try something different, go for it. You can always take it out when you’re tired of the look.
– 💋 Dawn B.
Every year people make tons of new year resolutions. Although many of us try to see those resolutions through, the truth is that most of us never get past the end of February before we are back to old habits. Why is that?
I think we get caught up on the idea of starting something new or starting over but we don’t really figure out what we need to do to succeed…Like A Boss!
1. Know Yourself.
There is nothing wrong with dreaming big. Actually, I recommend it. But being a boss means owning your life. And that means knowing yourself well enough to make changes you know you can actually handle. For example: Planning to lose 65 pounds in two month on an all liquid diet may be a bit much.
Access your lifestyle, find out your limits (time, finances, etc), and make reasonable changes that you can stick with long term. For larger changes, seek outside assistance to make sure you can handle everything that needs to be done. Whatever your plans are, do them well.
2. Share With Discretion. We have all seen the countless resolutions online. It’s actually become a series of joke memes and tweets. That’s not how a boss starts ma new year. The best idea is to show your results not share your plans.
If you need an accountability partner or two, confide in those closest to you who support your decisions. The last thing you need is someone in your ear mocking your goals or sabotaging your hard work.
👉A boss doesn’t talk about it, she is about it. Besides, when you finally reach your goals, then you can share them with the world. Then you’ll really have a story to tell.
3. Release Your Inhibitions. An inhibition is a force that prevents something from happening—and often comes from you yourself.
Don’t start your new year standing in your own way. If you want to cut your hair, do it. If you want to change careers, go for it. Whatever it is that you’ve wanted to do, see, or try, you owe it to yourself to do so.
The major regrets that most people have later in life are the things they didn’t do. DON’T let this be you.
4. Let The Haters Hate. Know this one thing to be absolutely true, Haters Gonna Hate!
Seriously. No matter how great you are, how kind you are, or how giving you are, someone is bound to hate what you’re up to and there is nothing you can do about it. Now that that’s clear, it should be understood that their opinion is irrelevant because it really doesn’t have anything to do with your life.
Think of it like this, Haters are just reminders that you’re living life on your own terms. And that my dear is awesome!
I don’t know about you, but I plan to be wildly content with the life I live. That means going out there and creating the life I deserve. I hope you will do the same. 🙆
– Dawn B.
Life can be stressful. We all know this. Often times we assume only the rich and famous can have a fabulous day-to-day life, but that isn’t true. Anyone can live life a bit more fab. Here’s how:
3. Focus On What You Love. Life is full of distractions. Often the expectations of others or even the expectations that we place upon ourselves force us to put what we love on the back burner. We are so busy working or doing for others that we have so little time to do what we love. Yet, focusing on what we love is crucial to truly having a fulfilling life.
2. Loose Yourself InThe Moment. If you think about it, the only time we truly have is right now. The past is done and we can’t be sure what tomorrow brings So why not really make the most out of your time? This may sound “extra” to some people, but I really believe in celebrating life in small glamorous ways. I randomly buy champagne just to have a glass, I put fresh flower petals in my bubble baths, and sometimes on weeknights I book a really nice hotel room, order room service, and just relax with my phone on silent. I do these things because I don’t want to be a person who needs a reason to do something nice. Life should be celebrated every day in some kind of way, big or small.
1. Tune Out Bad Vibes. Have you ever noticed how draining some people can be? Always complaining or gossiping or whatever vibe-killing trait they tend to have. Well, if you don’t take anything else from this blog post I hope it is this: Separate Yourself From Draining People.
There is nothing fabulous about spending time with anyone who makes you feel low or judged. Associate with loving, positive people and keep everyone else at a distance. *That may include staying away from them on social media as well.
I promise you, if you apply the three things listed above your days will become much brighter.
– Dawn B.